Cerved is the leading Information Provider in Italy and one of the major rating agencies in Europe. Data and algorithms represent the core of our products and services.
The Innovation team within the IT department focuses on finding new ways and technologies to extract value from our databases, whose wealth of information is unique in Italy in terms of data quality, completeness and historical depths.
We are looking for a Data Scientist Customer Oriented.
The Customer-oriented data-scientist:
- will investigate our data as well as our clients’, helping the company to make data-driven innovative products looking also at customer’s needs;
- will work cross-functionally on internal and B2B projects using our large distributed datasets to conduct analysis and to support business departments to think creatively;
- will support the innovation activities of Cerved, including open-innovation projects with startups / research centers / strategic partners.
The candidate we are looking for:
- Has a BSc in Economics, Engineering, or a scientific background
- Has gained about 3-5 years working experience as a Data Scientist in complex and structured companies
- Is Data-lover
- has Strong analytical background and skills (familiarity with Python / experience in statistical analysis, R above all)
- knows the relevant data technologies (SQL and NoSQL, Hadoop environment above all)
- Is interested in the whole data science “stack”, from technical / analytical aspects to communication / data-telling
- Has a passion for learning, is keen on self improvement
- Is Multitasking and able to work on several concurrent tasks, keeping attention to detail
- Is fluent in English and in Italian
- Has a hands on approach
- Common with Agile development methods
The following are a plus:
- Web and social data knowledge
- Curiosity and passion for APIs
- Knowledge about machine learning and natural language processing
- Working with large data sets
- Good statistical intuition and knowledge of various analytical approaches
- Network analysis knowledge